Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
This is the first post I’ve done since school started… and it is going to be brief! I made these muffins last minute this morning and shared some with friends. They requested the recipe, so here it is! Makes 12.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or other flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
To Make the Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the cider vinegar into the soy milk and let sit to curdle.
- Grease muffin tin or use muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the peanut butter, molasses, canola oil, sugar, and one of the bananas until smooth, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Chop the 2nd banana up in tiny pieces and mix it in to the batter.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Beware: This is what happens to you when you eat these muffins: